The Islander Foundation, established in April 2005, is a non-profit fundraising program benefiting DeLaSalle High School's students, families, and programs. The Islander Foundation allows participating members to request grants to offset fees and expenses associated with attending DeLaSalle.
Fundraising through Islander Foundation
DeLaSalle is excited to offer this excellent fundraising program! DeLaSalle students and family members operate concession services at the HHH Metrodome, Target Center, Target Field, and University of Minnesota athletic events. For this work, these businesses contribute to the Islander Foundation.
NEW! - On Campus Volunteer Opportunities
The Islander Foundation is excited to announce opportunities to volunteer at on-campus sporting and school events in the 2014-15 school year.
- DeLaSalle sporting events include work at the concession/school store stand, as ticket takers, set-up/take down and clean up, and as parking attendants.
- DeLaSalle school events include work as parking attendants, set-up/take down and clean up.
Any registered DeLaSalle student between the ages of 13-19 may sign up to work an on-campus Islander Foundation event. There is no required advanced training for these “student volunteers.”
Some on-campus Islander Foundation events may be reserved only for “adult volunteers.” Adult volunteers who meet these criteria may be selected to volunteer at on-campus events:
- Must be at least 20 years old.
- Must not be a current DeLaSalle student.
- Must complete TEAM or TIPS training. The Islander Foundation will reimburse the testing fee to volunteers for completing the “on line” TIPS training at http://www.tipsalcohol.com - please complete the “on premise” course.
- Must complete the Target Field on line training – please email the Islander Foundation Coordinator for instructions.
- Must complete the Xcel Energy Center on line training - please email the Islander Foundation Coordinator for instructions.
DeLaSalle High School employees, coaches or moderators do not need to meet the above criteria.
Scheduling for Islander Foundation events is done online on DeLaSalle's Islander Net Community webiste. Prior to working any Islander Foundation shifts all workers need to complete and submit a Membership Form. Members must also complete any training requirements.
Click the following link for event registration.